Friday, December 29, 2017

Good bye and good riddance, 2017.

What a year. The country and the world have gone quite mad. Most recently, Christmas had me so stressed out I was in tears. I am quite over 2017.

My plans for 2018 include another Women's March. As Brother Arlo says, if you want to end war and stuff, ya gotta sing loud. I went to the march in Raleigh last year. This year, I might go to the one in Winston-Salem, just for a change of pace.

I'm going to take as many weaving/fiber arts classes as I can manage. I'm especially excited for the Master Weaver Level One class in April. This is a program held by Olds College in British Columbia, but they are also offering the class in one other place: Yadkinville, NC. I've already paid my deposit. I signed up for an indigo dyeing class at the Carolina Fiberfest in March. I have a Craftsy class on serging to take. (It's paid for, just not started.)

If I want to have a better year, it will have to be up to me.

No comments: